To register, please print the Veteran Student Checklist to complete and return to our office with your school application. Feel free to call the office with questions.
You may apply for the 6 week, 12 week and the 6 week Advanced IV Courses.
Upcoming Changes to The Post-9/11 GI-Bill
Effective October 1, 2011
Allows students to use the Post-9/11 GI Bill for -
- Non-college degree (NCD) programs: Non-college degree (NCD) programs offered at non-degree granting schools: Pays the actual net costs for in-state tuition and fees or $17,500, whichever is less. Also pays up to $83 per month for books and supplies.
- On-the-job and apprenticeship training: Pays a monthly benefit amount prorated based on time in program and up to $83 per month for books and supplies.
- Flight programs: Per academic year, pays the actual net costs for in-state tuition and fees assessed by the school or $10,000, whichever is less.
- Correspondence training: Per academic year, pays the actual net costs for in-state tuition and fees assessed by the school or $8,500, whichever is less.
- Housing allowance is now payable to students (other than those on active duty) enrolled solely in distance learning. The housing allowance payable is equal to ½ the national average BAH for an E-5 with dependents.
- The full-time rate for an individual eligible at the 100% eligibility tier would be $673.50 for 2011.
The Post/911 Veterans Education Assistance Improvements Act of 2010 was signed into law on January 4, 2011. The law makes changes which are known as Chapter 33.Effective October 1, 2011, under the new law, eligible students may use the Post/911 GI Bill for non-college degree (NCD) Programs. This includes OUR school!!
Post 9/11 funding will pay the tuition fee directly to the school. You will personally receive a stipend of up to $1000 a year for books, supplies, etc. (tools). Our books and tools total $1,200.00. Feel free to discuss this with us when you apply.
Please go online for your information or call 1-888-442-4551 and speak to a live person. www.gibill.va.gov/benefits/post_911_gibill/Post911_changes.html
Please go online to apply. http://www.gibill.va.gov/apply-for-benefits/application/
You will need to include our institution code: 25008911
NOTE: There are thousands of requests going online daily.
When you apply online you will receive an auto response that it has been received.
WE SUGGEST Just to be sure…
Call the telephone number on the website 2-3 days later to confirm receipt and discuss with a person.
We will need a copy of your Certificate of Eligibility along with your completed School Application and 2 page check list when planning your registration date.
Working Farriers, Certified or Not, who have a Military Background with GI and Post 9/11 Funding are eligible to sign up for our "6 week Advance Horseshoeing Higher Education IV Course"